A deep dive into the Large Intestine system, including some important points and how to use Qigong practice to strengthen the Large Intestine and Metal element. While the Large Intestine system is involved with digestion, in Traditional Chinese Medicine it is also closely tied to the Lung system making it helpful for Qi production and circulation. Learn about the "Jin Ye" concept of 'fluids' in the body. Sit back, relax and enjoy the presentation.
Topics covered include:
- Functions of the Large Intestine
- Large Intestine meridian
- Six Meridian Theory (3 yin of the hand, 3 yang of the hand, 3 yin of the foot, 3 yang of the foot, Du/Ren)
- Special Points, ‘Ghost Points’
- Important points on the Large Intestine meridian (LI4, LI11, and LI20)
- Common imbalances of Large Intestine/Metal Element
- Jin Ye (body fluids, dampness)
- and a few other ideas!
*Note, there is a lot of information in the video, and it's not necessary to remember all the details in order to benefit from Qigong practice. Use this information to deepen your practice by 'taking what you need' and enjoying a greater awareness of the interconnected meridians and body systems.
The associated Qigong practice called 'Receive' can be found here: https://qigongforvitality.vhx.tv/full-body-flow/videos/large-intestine-meridian-receive-22-mins